Slawecin, with Dlugosza alternates names Slanyaczyn and Slawanczino, a village in Jaslo County (powiat) on the left bank of the Ropa, near the road from Biecz (8.6 kilometers) to Jaslo and on the rail line between the stations of Skolyszyn and Trzcinica; shaded on the north by wooede hills, reaching a height of 348 meters, and the shortest at 267 meters.
The oldest settlement known as Dlugosza, has at present 37 houses and 200 inhabitants; 194 Roman Catholics and 6 Jews. From the whole area of 217 morgs, the largest estate owner, K. Klobassy has 68 morgs (40 morgs of farmland, 7 morgs of pasture and 21 morgs of forest) the remaining 149 morgs consist of 113 morgs of farmland, 5 morgs of meadows, 21 morgs of pasture and 10 morgs of forest.
The Roman Catholic parish existed here since the beginning of the 14th centure, because in 1326 Blazej was pastor, as witnessed in the documents. In 1581 (Pawinski Malopolski, 116) 3 enclosed farms, 1 field of cattle and 1 field without cattle belonged to the Ocieski portion, while the portion of Krzysztof Slowski had only 1 enclosed farm. Slowecin is bordered on the west by Skolyszyn and on the north by Baczal Gorny.
Source: Slownik Geograficzny translated by Michael Kurtin (This information was published between 1880 and 1902 and gives a view of this locality during that time frame). Photographs by James A. Derheim, European Focus Photography.