SIEDLISKA BOGUSZ: Dolne [lower] and Gorne [upper] a village in Pilzno county [powiat], surrounded by foothills and forest, on the Jezior's stream (tributary of the Wisloka) at an elevation of 339 meters above sea level.
It has a Roman Catholic parish church made of wood, a public school and beautifully constructed estate. Together with the largest estate (98 houses) it has 187 houses and 1,043 inhabitants (520 males, 523 females) 1,104 Roman Catholics and 39 Jews. The village itself is located on the main road from the lower stream, passing thru three distant hamlets: Hite (20 houses and 164 inhabitants) Kopaliny (43 houses and 273 inhabitants) and Kamionki (24 houses and 172 inhabitants).
Its largest estate (Gorajski) has 463 morgs of farmland, 53 morgs of meadows and fields, 57 morgs of pasture and 489 morgs of forest. The smaller estate has 789 morgs of farmland, 33 morgs of meadows, 204 morgs of pasture and 4 morgs of forests.
The parish was established in 1484, but the village existed earlier, because of its board with Brzostek. The parish belongs to the diocese of Tarnow, deanery of Wielopolski and includes: Smarzowa, Gorzejowa, Globikowa, Grudna Dolna and Grudna Gorna, Baczalka, and Kamienica Gorna.
In 1851 Next to the cemetery stands the newly erected stone church. In the 16th century the land was owned by the Oswiecim family. In 1536 it was inherited by brothers Jan Kasper and Melchior, paying inheritance taxes on 27 lans of farms, some empty fields, 4 small farms, a tavern earning 8 grzywnas, 3 noble estates, meadows and forests. Valued at 400 Grzywnas.
Floryan Oswiecim had 6 farms, 1 lan of empty fields, 2 small enclosed farms, 2 small unenclosed farms, 3 fields of cattle, 2 fields without cattle. At the same time Albert Kowaliowski had 10 peasants, 2 lan of empty fields, 2 small enclosed farms, 1 unenclosed farm, 4 fields without cattle.
Siedliska is bordered on the north by Gebiczyna, on the west by Gorzejowa Dolna, the east by Smarzowa, and the south by Brzostek.
Source: Slownik Geograficzny translated by Michael Kurtin (This information was published between 1880 and 1902 and gives a view of this locality during that time frame). Photographs by James A. Derheim, European Focus Photography.