KAMIENICA: A village in Pilzno county. In 1345 King Kazimierz granted Mikolaj Kerstan a forest on the river Kamienica for settling a village by that name under terms of a Magdeburg charter. After 16 years of freedom from rent the settlers were to pay a ferton* of rent apiece. The soltys [district official] receives 2 lans with an inn and a mill. There is one lan** for the church and one for pasture-land. The total is 60 Franconian-measure lans. In 1353 the King bestowed this village on one of his most deserving knights ("Kodeks malopolski," III, 60, 88). In 1536, the property of the Tyniec monastery, it had 14 peasants, 1 croft, a wojt property [property given a wojt or village headman for him to use to raise food, rent out, etc.], an inn (2 grzywnas of rent) and a mill.
Source: Slownik Geograficzny translated by Michael Kurtin (This information was published between 1880 and 1902 and gives a view of this locality during that time frame). Photographs by James A. Derheim, European Focus Photography.